Sunday, January 28, 2018

Oh No

Did I get your attention? I have had a bad couple of weeks, with a new email server (I have the same email address) and Google not liking me this week and down in bed sleeping about 16 hours a day with a horrendous cold thankfully its not the flu confirmed, I am finally able to get some stitching and blogging done, whew.

I have been working on a few items, I did finish stitching Pin Feathers by Brenda Gervais, I just need to put it together and add the buttons, maybe tomorrow.


So sorry about the wrinkles, I usually iron before construction of a piece.


The wonderful and beautiful Mary from http://stitchingfriendsforever2.blogspot.com sent this pattern to me, thank-you my friend.



I love Patriotic designs and had to do this one, I plan on putting it on a cigar box top and use for my needles and scissors.
I did find a small red heart and a silver star
, on the flag I stitched a whit star and on the flag on the lower right on the pole I stitched a flag, the flag button I had was way too big for that little area.
( so sorry about the wrinkles)


I am reading and resting, Mike is away for a guy getaway with some Law Enforcement friends, he used to teach a law enforcement class a few times a year at different collages and tech schools but had to retire due to his loss of hearing in his one ear, and his balance issues due to the hearing loss.

So I can eat and do what ever I want minus the Ford, I just have to ask my sister in law for a ride if I need to go anywhere, she is such a sweetheart about helping me.

Well the weather is not too bad today but will dip into the single digits later this week, I am so looking forward to spring even if it rains everyday.

I have not sent out thank-you for your comments due to my email issue so sorry.
Thank-you from my heart for all your comments.

Blessings
Catherine

13 comments:

RJ said...

Hi Catherine...so happy to hear you are feeling better. I have been wondering about how you are doing. I owe you an email very soon. I love pin feathers and look forward to how you finish it. I made this one but have not finished it yet. Mary turned hers into a really pretty pin cushion.

I really love your SBush patriotic stitch that Mary sent you. I have it too and have been anxious to start it. Yours came out wonderful and I love your idea for finishing it and using it. RJ

Marti said...

Glad you are feeling better. I've been battling a sinus infection and understand about sleeping a lot. I love your cross-stitch. Hope you get a lot during during your me-time.

marly said...

Hope you're feeling better.

Pin Feathers is so soft and pretty. Perfect for a round frame?

Penny said...

I'm glad it isn't the flu, but this cold that seems to be going around this winter is horrible. We are dealing with strep throat in my household. I hope you are feeling better! Pin Feathers is so pretty -- I love the colors, and I love your patriotic piece, too! It's kind of nice to be on your own for a while isn't it -- doing just what you want to do. : )

Preeti said...

Lovely stitching! Hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your me time:)

Rita said...

Great you can stitch again!

Marilyn said...

Cute projects.
I hope you are feeling better.
Seems everyone is sick, it's scary.
Take care.
Marilyn

Mary said...

Catherine, I'm so sorry to hear you have been ill, thankfully it's not the horrible flu but still awful to be so sick. Hope your 100% soon.

I loved stitching Pin feathers, it went quick and you know I love anything with birds!

Wow, you certainly got Liberty done quickly!!! Your finishing idea is great and I'm looking forward to seeing it done.

Enjoy your time alone, it certainly makes for lots of stitching time. Mary

Vickie said...

I am sorry you have been ill my friend. That is the pits. I am watching the snow come down right now here. It won't be much. I am with you, bring on Spring!! Pin Feathers is darling. Liberty is sweet also.

Faith... said...

Sorry you have been sick. Nothing worse than being out of it for a few days. Love Pin Feathers, congrats on the finish! Liberty Notes looks good too and I look forward to seeing how you finish it. Enjoy your time alone, I could use some of that ;)

Linda said...

Glad to hear that your on the mend Catherine. Lovely stitching.

Linda

Brigitte said...

Two lovely finishes. I truly love Pin Feathers (I love everything with birds ).

Robin said...

Glad you didn’t have the flu. Your Pin Feathers and patriotic piece are darling. I too love any patriotic piece.